NEET Analysis 2022 – NEET UG exam 2022 has concluded, and with that, the analysis of the exam has been done from the candidate’s perspective. The following is an analysis of NEET 2022 from a candidate’s perspective.
NEET Difficulty Level 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET UG 2022 on July 17 in pen and paper-based mode. The difficulty level of NEET-UG 2022 based on expert analysis and students’ reactions is provided on this page. As per medical aspirants, the NEET UG 2022 exam was moderately difficult.
NEET UG 2022 Physics paper analysis
Difficulty level – Easy to Moderate
- Numerical dominated the paper with 60% which is mildly less as compared to the previous 2021 Exam.
- One Question in Physics based on the photoelectric effect had controversial language wherein stopping potential values were interchanged.
- Comparatively Tricky questions were asked in the chapter Oscillations.
- The physics portion was completely based on NCERT and no questions beyond NCERT were present.
- Comparatively tricky questions were found in Section B.
- Two questions were based on the Matrix-Match Type pattern, one in Section A and one in section B, demanding more time to solve the question.
- The Paper was not lengthy, like last year, and should be easily completed on time.
NEET UG 2022 Chemistry paper analysis
Difficulty Level – Easy to Moderate
- Most questions are based on NCERT statements, facts, and tables.
- Statements are directly copied from NCERT without any changes.
- Assertion Reason type of questions introduced in section A. Such questions demand deep clarity of concepts to answer correctly.
- Question paper is dominated by theory-based questions having only 11 numerical.
- One question is having a typo error leading to no match for the correct answer.
NEET Botany 2022 paper analysis
Difficulty level – Moderate to difficult
- A few questions are difficult and seem tricky
- Questions are from NCERT textbooks only
- Some questions are straightforward from the lines of NCERT textbooks.
- The majority of questions are factual with a few concept-based questions.
- 2 questions are incorrect belonging to Living World and Anatomy of flowering plants
- The Paper was quite lengthy as many questions are long statement based making it time-consuming
NEET UG 2022 Zoology analysis
Difficulty Level – Moderate
- Zoology Paper was lengthy
- Certain questions appear to be easy at first glance but they are twisted and require precision and focus on the keywords.
- A surprising factor is a few questions from Biomolecules and Biotechnology and its Applications which are beyond NCERT
- Most of the Questions are from NCERT Textbooks.
- Chapters from Biotechnology have dominated strongly with 8 questions based on it.
- The Paper is highly NCERT-centric yet two to three questions appear to be interlinked and require a deep understanding of concepts
NEET Exam Pattern 2022
Students preparing for NEET 2022 should be familiar with the exam pattern. The NEET 2022 exam pattern consists of the mode and language of the exam, the number of questions asked, the type of questions and the marking scheme.
NEET 2022 exam pattern
- Exam mode: The NEET exam will be conducted offline, that is, in pen-paper mode.
- Exam duration: For the year 2022, the duration of the NEET-UG exam has been increased to 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- Exam languages: NEET UG 2022 will be conducted in 13 different languages including Hindi, English, and 11 other regional languages.
- Number and type of questions: A total of 200 multiple choice questions will be asked in NEET 2022 but aspirants have to attempt only 180 questions of their choice.
- Total marks: NEET exam 2022 will be conducted for a total of 720 marks.
- NEET marking scheme: As per NEET UG 2022 marking scheme, four marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Factors affecting NEET difficulty level 2022
The difficulty level of NEET 2022 depends on certain factors such as the change in exam pattern, increase in the number of registrations etc. The most crucial factors which could affect the NEET exam difficulty level are discussed below.
- Change in NEET 2022 exam duration
As per the latest update, NTA has increased the duration to attempt the NEET 2022 question paper. Candidates will now be given 3 hours and 20 minutes to complete the NEET 2022 exam. With 20 extra minutes given to the candidates, the difficulty level of NEET 2022 can be impacted.
- An increase in the number of NEET 2022 registrations
As per media reports, more than 18 lakh candidates have registered for NEET UG 2022. With an increase in the number of registrations, the difficulty level of the undergraduate medical exam is also expected to be high.
Since a number of top universities will now grant admission to B.Sc Nursing through NEET UG 2022 scores, candidates are wondering whether the NEET 2022 difficulty level will increase or not. The participating universities in BSc nursing admission through NEET UG 2022 include State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, and Central Universities (DU/BHU). JIPMER, AFMC colleges etc.
NEET previous year’s difficulty level
NEET 2021 paper difficulty level
Candidates who appeared for the NEET 2021 exam
shared the difficulty level and analysis, which can be checked below.
- Shivam who attempted for the first time in NEET 2021 said that the exam was moderate. The paper was given half an hour after the NEET exam started. Biology is the easiest section, while Physics was the toughest one.