Admit card is an utmost important document for candidates planning to appear in any exam. Post exam, admit cards and information mentioned on it may be required for viewing results. Hence students are advised to save a hard or offline copy of the admit card after downloading it.
After downloading the JEE Main admit cards, candidates should carefully read the instructions mentioned on them. Here are some of the important elements to look for:
1. Personal details: Among other details, roll numbers shall be mentioned on JEE Main admit cards and will be needed during exams and to check results. In addition to checking roll numbers, a candidate should check and ensure that personal details – name, address, parents’ names, and registration numbers are correct. In case of errors, contact National Testing Agency.
2. Exam centre information: JEE Main admit cards mention the name and address of the exam centre. Visit the place ahead of the exam day and find the exact location to avoid hassles on the exam day. Reach the venue on the exam day as per reporting time mentioned on admit cards or even before that.
3. COVID guidelines: JEE Main exam may be conducted following COVID-19 guidelines which were set last year and admit cards might contain guidelines on social distancing, wearing masks, and sanitization work to be carried out at exam centres, etc. In that case, follow these guidelines on the exam day.
4. Exam day instructions: In addition to COVID-19 guidelines, JEE Main admit cards will also carry exam day instructions like reporting time, use of dropbox, frisking and biometric verification etc. Candidates should read these details in advance.
5. Self-declaration form: JEE Main admit cards may contain a self-declaration form asking students to mention their recent travel and health history. They need to fill in all the details mentioned on it, except for the candidate signature column.