Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated as IIT Roorkee) is a university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
The oldest engineering institution in India, IIT Roorkee, was founded as the College of Civil Engineering in British India in 1847 by the Lieutenant-Governor of the North-Western Provinces, James Thomason, to train officers and surveyors employed in the construction of the Ganges Canal. In 1854, after the completion of the canal and Thomason’s death, it was renamed the Thomason College of Civil Engineering by Proby Cautley, the designer and projector of the canal. It was renamed the University of Roorkee in 1949 and IIT Roorkee in 2001. The institution has 22 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management programs with an emphasis on scientific and technological education and research
IIT Roorkee BTech Application Process 2022
To qualify for BTech at IIT Roorkee, students have to apply via JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced application. The application process for JEE Mains 2022 consists of three steps, i.e registration, form filling & document upload followed by payment of application fees.
- On the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in), click on the ‘Registration for JEE (Main) 2022’ link
- Fill out the registration form with the required information followed by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
- Fill out the detailed application form and upload scanned images and documents.
- Pay the application fees.
|JEE Mains Session I – Registration||1 Mar ’22 – 25 Apr ’22|
|JEE Mains Session II – Registration||8 Apr 2022 -3 May 2022|
|JEE Main Session-I||20 Jun 2022 -29 Jun 2022|
|JEE Main Session-II||21 Jul 2022 – 30 Jul 2022|
|JEE Advanced||28 Aug 2022|
Documents required to fill JEE Main 2022 application form
Before the JEE Main 2022 registration process, students must keep the following documents and information ready for a smooth application process:
- Valid email id and mobile number
- Academic details related to the Class 10 and Class 12 qualifying exams
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature as per the specification mentioned by the NTA
- Net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI details for application fee payment