Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is recognized as an Institute of National Importance and is one of the most prestigious universities in India. Founded in 1959 with technical and financial assistance from the former government of West Germany, it was the third IIT established by the Government of India. IIT Madras has been ranked the top engineering institute in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework since its inception in 2016.
IIT Madras is a residential institute occupying a 2.5-square-kilometre (0.97 sq mi) campus, formerly part of the adjoining Guindy National Park. The institute has nearly 600 faculty, 10,000 students and 1,250 administrative and supporting staff. Growing ever since it obtained its charter from the Indian Parliament in 1961, much of the campus is a protected forest, carved out of the Guindy National Park, home to large numbers of chital (spotted deer), blackbuck, bonnet macaque, and other rare wildlife. A natural lake, deepened in 1988 and 2003, drains most of its rainwater.
IIT Madras BTech Application Process 2022
To qualify for BTech at IIT Madras, students have to apply via JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced application. The application process for JEE Mains 2022 consists of three steps, i.e registration, form filling & document upload followed by payment of application fees.
- On the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in), click on the ‘Registration for JEE (Main) 2022’ link
- Fill out the registration form with the required information followed by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
- Fill out the detailed application form and upload scanned images and documents.
- Pay the application fees.
|JEE Mains Session I – Registration||1 Mar ’22 – 25 Apr ’22|
|JEE Mains Session II – Registration||8 Apr 2022 -3 May 2022|
|JEE Main Session-I||20 Jun 2022 -29 Jun 2022|
|JEE Main Session-II||21 Jul 2022 – 30 Jul 2022|
|JEE Advanced||28 Aug 2022|
Documents required to fill JEE Main 2022 application form
Before the JEE Main 2022 registration process, students must keep the following documents and information ready for a smooth application process:
- Valid email id and mobile number
- Academic details related to the Class 10 and Class 12 qualifying exams
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature as per the specification mentioned by the NTA
- Net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI details for application fee payment