Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) is a public university established by the government of India in Kharagpur, West Bengal, India. Established in 1951, the institute is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance. In 2019 it was awarded the status of Institute of Eminence by the Government of India.
The institute was initially established to train engineers after India attained independence in 1947. However, over the years, the institute’s academic capabilities diversified with offerings in management, law, architecture, humanities, etc. IIT Kharagpur has an 8.7-square-kilometre (2,100-acre) campus and has about 22,000 residents.
IIT Kharagpur BTech Application Process 2022
To qualify for BTech at IIT Kharagpur, students have to apply via JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced application. The application process for JEE Mains 2022 consists of three steps, i.e registration, form filling & document upload followed by payment of application fees.
- On the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in), click on the ‘Registration for JEE (Main) 2022’ link
- Fill out the registration form with the required information followed by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
- Fill out the detailed application form and upload scanned images and documents.
- Pay the application fees.
|JEE Mains Session I – Registration||1 Mar ’22 – 25 Apr ’22|
|JEE Mains Session II – Registration||8 Apr 2022 -3 May 2022|
|JEE Main Session-I||20 Jun 2022 -29 Jun 2022|
|JEE Main Session-II||21 Jul 2022 – 30 Jul 2022|
|JEE Advanced||28 Aug 2022|
Documents required to fill JEE Main 2022 application form
Before the JEE Main 2022 registration process, students must keep the following documents and information ready for a smooth application process:
- Valid email id and mobile number
- Academic details related to the Class 10 and Class 12 qualifying exams
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature as per the specification mentioned by the NTA
- Net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI details for application fee payment