In the last decade, seven IIMs came into existence and were groomed by existing IIMs, IIM Amritsar, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Nagpur, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur and IIM Visakhapatnam and the latest entrant being IIM Jammu These are popularly known as Baby IIMs. These seven new colleges are a part of the larger Common Admission Process (CAP) conducted by a total of 18 IIMs. In the next few articles, let’s understand the eligibility criteria for these baby IIMs :
IIM Amritsar Admission Process
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar offers admission for the postgraduate programme in management. Students with several educational backgrounds and work experiences can apply for postgraduate courses at the institute. IIM Amritsar admissions are offered in a total of five programmes – four master level or postgraduate programmes and one doctoral-level programme in the field of management. It was groomed by IIM Ahemdabad.
IIM Amritsar admissions are offered in a general Master of business administration or M.B.A programme and two specialised M.B.A programmes, human resources and business analytics. The executive M.B.A programme is tailor-made for graduates with considerable years of work experience as planned by the IIM Amritsar admissions committee.
IIM Amritsar offers doctoral-level programmes in various fields of research. The research-based programme is planned to impart high-quality research education as a premier institution in the field of management. The cut-offs in IIM Amritsar admissions act as one of the main deciding factors for admissions, and it is set by each admission committee set up for each programme.
IIM Amritsar Admission Procedure for M.B.A
Master of Business Administration programme includes specialisations in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources, operations and also specialised degrees in business analytics and human resources. In IIM Amritsar, the candidate needs to have good scores in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels to be considered for admission and fellowships.
IIM Amritsar M.B.A Admission Process
|MBA||BAchelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for general category students (45% marks for – ST/SC and PWD candidates.|
|MBA Analytics||BAchelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for general category students (45% marks for – ST/SC and PWD candidates.|
|MBA Human Resource||BAchelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for general category students (45% marks for – ST/SC and PWD candidates.|
IIM Amritsar M.B.A Admission Process
- The candidates have to apply and appear for CAT and obtain a valid score.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of an overall score of CAT for IIM Amritsar admissions.
- Candidates who are selected in the first shortlist will be called for PI/WAT.
- The second stage of the IIM Amritsar admission process comprises PI/WAT.
- Candidates qualifying for the interview/WAT will have to get the documents verified and pay the fees.
IIM Amritsar Admission Procedure for Executive M.B.A
The Executive Master of Business Administration (E-MBA) programme is offered as a weekend programme for working professionals.
IIM Amritsar Executive M.B.A Admission Process
|Executive MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline valid CAT/MAT/GRE score. Minimum 3 years of work experience in managerial/professional/entrepreneurial roles. If candidates do not have valid CAT/MAT/GRE scores, they have to appear in IIM Amritsar Admission Test (IAAT)|
IIM Amritsar Admission Process for Executive M.B.A
- Candidates must register and appear for GRE/GMAT/CAT exams and secure a valid score.
- If the candidates do not have a valid score in the above-mentioned exams, they can apply for the IIM Amritsar Admission Test (IAAT).
- The candidates will get shortlisted for admission based on the cut-off score decided by the admission committee.
- The shortlisted candidates will get invited for the personal interview round in which they will be evaluated based on their answers and personal profile, and work experience.
- The shortlisted candidates need to participate in the document verification and fees payment.